The JK Wrangler is one of the most adventurous SUVs on the road today. It’s not just for driving on paved roads, though! Since it’s a Jeep, you can take it off-road with ease.
But how do you keep your old friend running at its best?
One way is to use oil that matches the type of terrain you are driving on. You might have heard about car oils being formulated for certain conditions like winter or summer; but there are also different types of oils for different vehicle terrains that will help prolong engine life and make sure your Jeep does what Jeeps were made to do—get muddy!
This blog post is all about which oil you should put in your Jeep Wrangler JK. It’s a question we get asked quite often and with so many different opinions out there it can be difficult to find the right answer.
We took some time and did some research on this topic, using our own knowledge as well as trusted sources such as www.jeepwranglerforum.com and came up with a list of what we feel are the best oils for Jeep Wrangler JK.
Your engine is the most important part of your vehicle. The oil that you put in your engine needs to be of high quality, and it should provide a balance between longevity and performance.
There are many different types of oils on the market for use in engines; some are better than others depending on what you’re looking for.
Jeep Wrangler JK owners often ask if they should use synthetic or conventional oil. The answer is that both will work just fine for your engine, but some benefits may be lost depending on which one you choose.
Conventional oils are cheaper and easier to find than synthetics, so it makes sense to go with the cheaper option in most cases.
However, a synthetic blend of oil is going to better protect against wear and tear on your engine because it’s more resistant to heat and cold temperatures as well as having a higher viscosity rating at low temperatures.
Synthetic motor oils combine all the benefits of conventional oils with superior protection against wear and tear, keeping your engine running smoothly over time while also protecting against heat damage. For these reasons, we recommend using fully synthetic engine oil if you have a Jeep Wrangler JK.
- Advanced premium full synthetic motor oil to offer strength under extreme pressure
- Titanium strong for maximum engine performance
- Reduces metal-to-metal contact across a range of different driving speeds
- Protects the engine for the entire drain interval even under extreme pressure
- Decreases engine deposit formation to help maximize engine response
- Best full synthetic money can buy
- API SN, ILSAC GF-5, ACEA A1/B1, A5/B5, GM dexos1, Meets Ford WSS-M2C929-A, Ford WSS-M2C946-A, Honda HTO-06, Meets engine test requirements of Chrysler MS-6395
- Castrol EDGE is 3X stronger than Mobil 1 against viscosity breakdown* *Tested in the ASTM D6278 test in the 5W-30 viscosity grade.
- Full synthetic 5W-20 engine oil made from made from natural gas, not crude, using Pennzoil’s patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology
- Provides better fuel economy—drive on average an extra 550 miles per year (versus a dirty engine)
- Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 keeps pistons up to 45% cleaner than the toughest industry standard (Based on Sequence IIIH results)
- No other leading synthetic oil provides better wear protection from friction (Based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30)
- Formulated to provide faster low-temperature oil flow and protection in extreme heat
- Helps protect engines from loss of power
- Single 5-quart bottle with ergonomic design for easy handling and pouring
- Pennzoil is the first motor oil made from natural gas, not crude—PurePlus Technology converts pure natural gas into high-quality, full-synthetic base oil that’s crystal clear and contains fewer impurities than other traditional and synthetic motor oils
- Formulated for modern turbocharged engines—GF-6, API SP/SP-Resource Conserving and all previous categories
best oil for jeep wrangler jk
jeep jk oil
jeep wrangler oil type
2017 jeep wrangler oil recommendation